Tuesday, August 5, 2008

handy hints for new parents...

It is always helpful to have some friends or family on standby for baby advice (especially when it's invited). Thankfully I have some great sources of baby/mum advice, who are happy to be on-call at all hours of the day - special thanks to Tam & Tash!

Sometimes advice is a little less welcome... in a favourite online forum this week a group of us were chatting about how often we are stopped in the street by complete strangers, telling us that our baby is cold/hungry/tired etc. It seems that the end of pregnancy does not signal the end of strangers crossing the line in terms of what would be considered inappropriate in any other circumstance!

However, some unsolicited advice from unknown sources is much more useful, like this little gem emailed to me this week by Mr Pickles.




I am really sorry to not know the source of this, so cannot give credit where credit is due... this is just one in a whole hilarious series, which I will share here over time.

Whilst wanting to pay attention to this valuable advice, I am wondering if perhaps the airhorn might come in handy at our house??? Check out this video of Little Man Pickles waking up yesterday (or, at least, trying to avoid waking up!).... do you think an airhorn might be warranted???

xo

No comments: