Tuesday, March 23, 2010

our little boy in his big boy bed


big boy bed
Originally uploaded by summer pickles

It's happened already. The boy is out of the cot, and into a real big boy bed bed. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown... seems like just a couple of months ago he was sleeping across his cot. Time has flown.

He is such an amazing little boy - singing songs, making us laugh, starting to put together two word phrases (like "open door" and "bye mum"), dancing, throwing almighty tantrums (!), giving the world's best spontaneous cuddles. I am still completely smitten by this beautiful little boy.

I can't imagine having another little person in the pickles home, but we have to get used to the idea --- only 5-6 weeks to go! I wonder... pink or blue? big or small*? sleepy or alert? feeding or not? So many questions, and not long now til we get some of the answers.

xo

* what a daft question... no pickles child is going to be small... and at not quite 33 weeks we're measuring at 35 weeks, so this bub won't be a petite surprise!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Scary that they are already moving into big beds isn't it? We're just getting Matilda ready to move into hers in a couple of weeks time. I hope she takes to it ok. How did the transition go for you?

Sharon said...

Hi H

I didn't realise you had two blogs until just now.. Yes they grow up quick - your little boy will seem very grownup compared to the new little one...
My stitching which you commented on wasn't that hard to do - just back stitching really - once you know how to do that you are off and away...
You must be nearly due are you??
I love the photo of you and the pug...I don't know which of you looks the more contented...
Take care now and the best of wishes for the BIG day...