I have been running out of song lyrics. As we know from an earlier post, the gherkin loves to be sung to. And recently I have been singing a song known to me as "Baby Love" and known to others as the Carlton FC themesong. But I couldn't even remember all of the lyrics to the chorus. This is all I could remember...
Who's my babylove?
Who is my one and only baby love?
Who's the little cutie I adore?
Who's the little one who yells for more?
Who says she loves me, she says she loves me
(blah blah blah blah blah - mssing lyric)
She is my one and only baby love,
She is my sweetheart and my love...
Now, imagine my surprise this week when I discovered that these were not the real words of the song but were an amended version sung to me by my dad. Mum and Dad couldn't remember the original lyrics either.
So I googled baby love, got bundles of completely irrelevant links, and eventually went to the Carlton FC website, which let me know the song was called Lily of Laguna (the plot thickens!). And here are the original lyrics according to wikipaedia...
She's my lady love,
She is my dove, my baby love.
She's no girl for sitting down to dream,
She's the only queen Laguna knows.
I know she likes me, I know she likes me,
Because she said so,
She is the Lily of Laguna,
She is my Lily and my Rose.
Think my dad did a great job... I like his lyrics better. (By the way, I am taking suggestions for the sixth line..)
1 comment:
lines six and seven
and I do love her
she is my darling little Hannah
Hope this helps. The memory is back.
Post a Comment